Friday, January 8, 2010

Introducing: Kid Konnection

My kids and I read a lot of wonderful books together, but it seems like we are only sharing a few of these books on this blog. I didn't make formal resolutions for the new year, but one thing that has been going through my mind the past few weeks is that I need to focus more on children's literature. As a result, I came up with an idea for a new feature called Kid Konnection!

Starting tomorrow and every Saturday after that, I thought I'd feature/review a children's book. It might be a picture book, an early reader book, a middle grade book, or possibly even a young adult book. At the end of my review post, I will set up a Mr. Linky. During the weekend if you have a kid's book-related post, please come back, grab the button, and link to Mr. Linky so we can all see what book you have featured.

I thought Kid Konnection would be a great way for me to share some terrific children's books with you, but I am also hoping to get some wonderful book recommendations from all of you for me and my family!

My intent is to keep Kid Konnection very simple -- very laid back. There is no regular commitment required! All I'm asking is that you keep Kid Konnection in mind when you post your children's book reviews!

I'd love to hear what you think about Kid Konnection!

14 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

This is a great idea! I so love hearing the response of kids to books! Sometimes it's so unexpected and different from that of the adults!

Anna said...

I love this idea. I'm sure The Girl and I will participate from time to time.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Serena said...

This sounds like a great idea.

bermudaonion said...

This is a great new feature! I love the button!

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

This is an excellent new feature! Looking forward to reading through the posts each week.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

What a great idea! I love that is a simple, no-pressure link-up.

Sandy Nawrot said...

That is a wonderful idea! I really miss the days of the picture books, but I love hearing about them. In the past, I've read to my kids, even at 10 and 12, but we've been stuck in a rut here lately. We are in the middle of a book they aren't too crazy about. Once we move on, I should have more to post.

Anonymous said...

Good idea. I may have to save my kids book reviews for the weekends.

Kristi said...

I try to do this just for me on Mondays and Thursdays - I call it Kid's Korner - I don't have a Mr. Linky but would love it if you would hook your reviews up in the comments - I will try to do the same!

Amy @ My Friend Amy said...

Great idea Julie!

Carrie said...

What a great idea! (I found the comment you left at Library Hospital and followed the trail...) I've got a post to link up so I'll do that as well as blog about your idea for Kid's Konnection on my own site -Reading My Library.

Beth F said...

Fabulous idea. I love have specific places to go to find reviews and reading recommendations. I'll start next week. Are you counting YA too? I don't read a lot of middle reader books.

Debbie said...

I'm so excited to have found you!
Check out my "Children's Library" closet here... (It's at the bottom so scroll down)
http://thefridayfriends.blogspot.com/2010/03/musing-monday-and-cookbook-countdown.html


I'll be back next Saturday.

Sparkling Adventures said...

I'd love to participate. Can you please contact me? I review one kids' book a month...