Monday, April 20, 2009

Mailbox Monday - April 20, 2009

This week was definitely more "normal" for me, although I did get some great books! I love that I received so many children's books (and so did my kids!)

123 TEXAS by Puck and illustrated by Kevin Somers -- I won this one from a contest on Twitter.

LOVE STORIES IN THIS TOWN by Amanda Eyre Ward

THE WEIGHT OF HEAVEN (ARC) by Thrity Umrigar

LITTLE CHICK (ARC) by Amy Hest and illustrated by Anita Jeram

BETSY-TACY by Maud Hart Lovelace

BETSY-TACY AND TIB by Maud Hart Lovelace

BETSY AND TACY GO OVER THE BIG HILL by Maud Hart Lovelace

BETSY AND TACY GO DOWNTOWN by Maud Hart Lovelace

THE BLUE NOTEBOOK (ARC) by James A. Levine

THE ANGEL'S GAME by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

NORTH OF MONTANA
by April Smith

LET THE SHADOWS FALL BEHIND YOU by Kath-Diane Leveille

And Booking Daughter received:

THE TEASHOP GIRLS
by Lauren Schaefer -- One of my favorite bloggers (and good friend) Kathy from Bermudaonion's Weblog was kind enough to send her ARC copy of this book to my daughter along with some tea and the author's autograph. Needless to say, my daughter was thrilled beyond belief because we didn't own a copy of it. She loved this book and wants to pick it for our next Mother-Daughter bookclub book -- you can read our review here.

What did you get last week?

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo, Julie :-) You gote some great books this past week. Enjoy them!

My mailbox is here, btw :-)

Blodeuedd said...

I am so jealous, I loved Zafon and so want to read his next book :D

Happy reading

Yvonne said...

What a great list! Enjoy!

Melanie said...

I loved Betsy, Tacy and Tib when I was a girl. I need to check and see if my nieces have those books.

bermudaonion said...

You had a great week. I'm glad Booking Daughter was thrilled with her book - I was glad to find a good home for it.

BurtonReview said...

Hmm I wonder if I should start getting the daughter involved in my reading addiction, that sounds like fun. But where to start?
You got a great haul there...does your mailman get mad at you?
My Mailbox is up at The Burton Review

Serena said...

That Blue Notebook keeps popping into people's mailboxes. I hope its a good one. Have a great week and happy reading.

avisannschild said...

Sounds like you got some great books this week! Happy reading!

Anna said...

I have The Blue Notebook and just received Let the Shadows Fall Behind You. Enjoy your new books! Isn't Kathy a gem?!? I bet Booking Daughter loved it!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Kristi said...

Enjoy your Betsy-Tacy-Tib books! I loved those!