Monday, January 12, 2009

Mailbox Monday - January 12, 2009

Welcome to my first Mailbox Monday post! I have been reluctant to start posting my "book booty" because I wasn't sure that I would post regularly. But then I thought, "What the heck? Sometimes is better than never." So here it goes.

Some have said that it's the effects of the holidays, but it was a pretty slow week for me. I did get three terrific books though that I can't wait to read:

KISSING GAMES OF THE WORLD by Sandi Kahn Shelton -- I won a one day only contest from Fresh Fiction for a signed copy of this book and a $20 Starbucks gift card.

BEAT THE REAPER by Josh Bazell -- Miriam from Hachette Book Group USA sent me this book after I shamelessly begged her for a copy!

THE MUSIC TEACHER by Barbara Hall -- I received this book from the people at Algonquin Books. I've seen a few reviews and it looks great!

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.

What did you get in your mailbox last week?

11 comments:

Jill said...

I really enjoyed Kissing Games of the World...looking forward to your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Mailbox Mondays! You did get some good books. I hope you're enjoying Beat the Reaper.

Anonymous said...

I remembered just now. I read an ARC of Beat the Reaper in August and have not written a review as yet. I liked it...

Here is mine

Serena said...

Happy reading! I only got one book this week.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I still need to read Beat the Reaper, but it looks good.
And that starbucks gift card you mentioned has me very jealous. LOL

-lauren

I started a blog for all things non-american and this is what I got:

http://bridgethegapx.blogspot.com/2009/01/in-your-mailbox.html

Kristi said...

I went to amazon and read what Kissing Games of the World was about and it sounds really good! I have added it to my virtual TBR list! Congrats on the good books!

My list is here: http://booksandneedlepoint.blogspot.com/2009/01/mailbox-monday-1-12-2009.html

Kristi

LisaMM said...

Kissing Games sounds really good! I'm off to check out the other ones now.

Anonymous said...

Great list. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of Beat the Reaper! The Music Teacher looks good, too.

Wendi said...

Welcome! I felt the same when I started, but now just love to participate, and have yet to have a week with nothing! :) I've got Beat the Reaper in my tbr pile - I've heard such great things!

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Anna said...

Welcome to Mailbox Monday! These sound interesting, and I'm looking forward to your reviews. Happy reading!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous said...

Welcome and thank your for stopping by the 'mailbox' this week. 'Beat the Reaper' is also sitting my TBR pile.